May my eyes be fixed upon You Lord
Not drawn to the little things around me
May my heart be so in need of Your presence
Not to wander towards things that cannot satisfy
May my mind be in awe of Your Word
Not fixated on the temporary, the vile
May my spirit be in tune with Yours
Not numbed by constant negligence
Cause my eyes to see only You Lord
Not the situations I deem impossible
Cause my heart to desire only You
Not pleasures the world dangles before me
Cause my mind to think beyond the present
Not dwell on the past and my limited knowledge
Cause my spirit to be awakened to Your voice
Not dead to truth and eternal life
You will shake me to release me
I will struggle and I will resist
But Lord do Your work regardless
For it needs to be done
So I may be renewed and mature
And not be trapped in lies
I fear the pain, I dread discomfort
But my entanglements drain me
They entice and they drag me
Away from light
Away from hope
Away from peace
Away from You
No comments:
Post a Comment