That's my Uncle John (O'Rourke) on the far left with Sharmini's partner beside him. The lady in the mustard pants is Auntie Uffie (Elizabeth), his wife. My mum's in purple. My cousins are on the other end. There's John-Paul at the far right with his wife Belle and their second little girl. John-Paul is Auntie Uffie's oldest child and the only male cousin. Then there is Kay to my left in the photo, with her husband Michael behind. Their 3 daughters are in the front with John-Paul's first girl (the one hiding). Kay is Auntie Uffie's third child. Ann (who's number 2) couldn't make it with her family. Neither could Traccy (number 4). My dad's next to Fab and my sister and brother-in-law are in the front with my two nephews. The little Asian lady in front of Fab is Ah Hoon. She's looked after me since Day Three of being in this world, so much so that she's one of the family now. Don't mess with her, she runs our house. Her cooking is out of this world fabulous! She's totally the best! Of course that's not to say everyone else in my family isn't either! They're all super duper wonderfuller! Anyway, as you can see, the little ones got to be page boys and flower girls on the day.
Fascinating isn't it? How I don't look like them because their dads are Aussie. Actually I think Uncle John has Irish descent. This is of Pip, Sharmini and I - Pip is the youngest of 5 kids my mum's older sister (Auntie Uffie) has and Sharmini is my mum's younger sister's (Aunt Shanta) only child. My mum doesn't have any other siblings. It's just them 3 women. Auntie Shanta and her husband Uncle Clive attended the Singapore wedding dinner instead so Sharmini and Grant represented them in Brisbane. Pip (well, Philippa to be exact) is 3 years older than I and Sharmini (Lang) is 3 years younger than I. Maybe I should have stood in the middle. Notice the great dip in height. :) Ok, so a little background for those interested. Mum's dad is Indian and mum's mum is Eurasian. My Pa might have Peranakan descent. So when the entire clan gets together, we look like a huge bowl of salad. Thankfully no one is green in the family.
I love them, I love them all! You should come for the giant get to gethers. Grampa's side are all really musically inclined and super talented. There's a player for every instrument and a singer for every note. Food's always great and the company superb. I miss them...
Thank you to Xi Liu for the beautiful photos. I have yet to download them off Flickr. Whoops
I love them, I love them all! You should come for the giant get to gethers. Grampa's side are all really musically inclined and super talented. There's a player for every instrument and a singer for every note. Food's always great and the company superb. I miss them...
Thank you to Xi Liu for the beautiful photos. I have yet to download them off Flickr. Whoops


1 comment:
You are a most beautiful bride and a sweet daughter of the King. What a blessing!
Post a Comment