Be Heard - I copied this from Lisa Shay's blog as I believe it is extremely important we take note of what is happening and act (not on human understanding but biblical principles) . I have signed the petition though I am not an American resident as his decision is against my convictions.
-------------
Took the following straight off of Jonalee's blog. It only takes a minute to read and be informed and then 15 seconds to sign the Petition. Please, let your voice BE HEARD.
"President Obama announced that he will remove the Conscience Clause.
Enacted by former President Bush, the Conscience Clause is meant to prevent discrimination against people based on their religious or moral beliefs and to protect health care workers who do not want to perform abortions.
We are actively defending the rights of pro-life physicians and nurses as they are being threatened by the new Administration. If President Obama makes this damaging move, if he reverses the Conscience Clause, pro-life doctors and nurses will be forced into performing abortion procedures, despite their individual beliefs.
To aggressively defend the freedom to act according to your conscience, we have launched the Be Heard Project. Visit http://beheardproject.com/ now, and sign the ''Petition to Protect Pro-Life Doctors.'' President Obama has given us 30 days to voice our concerns."
Please take 15 seconds to make your voice heard on this important issue!! I can't imagine being a doctor or nurse and being essentially forced to perform abortions.
Along these lines, President Obama also issued an executive order on Monday lifting the ban on federal funding of human embryonic stem cell research. What this means is that your tax dollars will now be used to pay for this. If you believe that life begins at conception as I do, this is extremely disturbing.
Please pray for our President. Proverbs 21:1, "The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He will. " It is comforting to know that the Sovereign God is in control. Pray that He would have mercy and change President Obama's heart with regards to this issue.
1 comment:
Thanks Jos, for spreading the word all throughout the land. Our president needs MUCH prayer. I do pray that the Lord would soften his hardened heart to HIS ways.
Post a Comment