It started out looking pretty dreary, with an overcast sky and a light shower, at six in the morning when I sent Fab to the train station. My instincts kicked in and I grumbled to God about the weather. "I'm going to Harbour Town with Roy this morning as we need to pick up a present. Harbour Town does not have covered walkways, God. And Millie and I have been planning to go to the beach for some time now and finally we managed to set a date and that date is today and well we really want to go to the Spit together before she heads back to Zimbabwe on Monday, so why does it have to rain today God?"
God wanted to know why my first reaction is to complain when something doesn't seem to go my way. "Is it not possible that I may clear the skies later in the morning? You're not going to the beach right away. I hide treasures for you not from you." So I tried to look at the situation from a different angle and came up with the explanation that perhaps He was just spring cleaning to prepare the beach for our day out. Sure enough, the weather was perfect when Roy and I reached Harbour Town, and even better when Millie and I went to the the Spit.
I joined Millie and Roy for bible study this morning after the quick trip to the shops, and boy am I glad I did! I asked Millie why I had not thought of doing so earlier. It was the best bible study I have had so far! We looked at Hannah's story in 1 Samuel and I thought it was incredibly apt as God has been promising our church fruitfulness after a season of barrenness (and I don't just mean this literally as with childbearing).
Apart from addressing a few questions in the bible study material Millie found, we took turns to share what we've been going through this year and how this particular bible lesson can be applied to where we are at. We then prayed for one another, receiving visions and words of knowledge from God.
How blessed I am to have friends like Roy and Millie in my life. How blessed I am to have the church Fab and I attend. How blessed I am, fullstop! The time did not even cross my mind, I was just soaking it all in. I'll post some of the notes I took down tomorrow. All I'm going to say right now is I am so encouraged and refreshed.
How blessed I am to have friends like Roy and Millie in my life. How blessed I am to have the church Fab and I attend. How blessed I am, fullstop! The time did not even cross my mind, I was just soaking it all in. I'll post some of the notes I took down tomorrow. All I'm going to say right now is I am so encouraged and refreshed.
What topped it all was the trip to the Spit with Millie. We walked along the pier all the way to the lighthouse chatting and taking in the view of the waves, breakers and rock walls. Oh, and some little crabs and a ton of barnacles. My jeans were drenched by the end of our escapade as we decided to collect pretty stones and shells off the beach and were soon prancing through the incoming tide without thinking twice. I had the bottom of my jeans rolled up but Millie successfully splashed water onto me, and in my haste to return the favour, I landed up wet instead.
I collected five stones today, four of which are about the size of my thumbprint and shaped like tear drops (photo above). Each has a unique colour, pattern and texture. The fifth is much larger and has been dubbed my gratitude rock. Millie picked out one for herself and suggested I get one.
For me, the four stones represent the four seasons, signifying seasons we go through in life. Though the stones have weathered many storms, the lines etched into their surfaces contribute to their beauty. Perhaps we have shed many tears through the difficult seasons, but our circumstances help shape us into someone greater.
Dinner was at Katie and Andy's place, which by the way is just gorgeous! The food was terrific and the company even better. We met Maria, Katie's friend from Norway, who is utterly beautiful, heard stories of her experiences with Youth on a Mission (YOM), and looked through photos of Andy and Katie's recent holiday in Samoa. The bright blue waters, rainbow coloured huts and warm pinkish-orange sunsets looked so inviting.
This day has made me feel completely relaxed and refreshed and I learnt so much at the bible study. Stay tuned for the revelations (or heavenly downloads, as Pastor Lance and Belle will say) I received.
I really must go to bed now as it's an 8am start tomorrow with Elise. Another wonderful adventure to be had!
After post: God gave Elise and I perfect weather for walking along the broadwater and breakfast at Cafe Riviera facing the sea. What a beautiful morning with her and our plates of maple syrup drizzled french toasts, strawberry (yes, they only gave one sliced berry) and caramelised banana.
After post: God gave Elise and I perfect weather for walking along the broadwater and breakfast at Cafe Riviera facing the sea. What a beautiful morning with her and our plates of maple syrup drizzled french toasts, strawberry (yes, they only gave one sliced berry) and caramelised banana.
No comments:
Post a Comment