That remind me of God's goodness
- On New Year's Eve, I posted a package to my sister and her family in Hong Kong, using the exact address she gave me. The package consisted of a book, her favourite Victoria Secret's moisturising lotion (that had been ordered and flown over with a friend's friend from America), a Crabtree and Evelyn travel toiletries pack and clothes for my nephews (one a t-shirt with his favourite cartoon character, another a wetsuit for the little swimmer). When it did not make its way to them after a couple of months, my heart sank and my sister started wondering if someone else was enjoying the lotion as much as she would. I changed my prayer from "Lord, please have it delivered to them safely" to "Lord, I hope it went to a family that will be blessed by the contents and that it wasn't stolen by a postman on the sly out to make a quick buck on E-Bay". Well, weeks passed and lo and behold! Mr "by-now-all-squashed-and-wrinkled-I-have-seen-better-days" Package showed up on my doorstep. Literally. We came home one day and there he was leaning against our front door! Yay! Thank you God! Nevermind the postage costs. You have returned a package I took ages to put together because I wanted to get things they'd really like.
- Travelling everyday through peak hour traffic and having an ongoing virus (it's been making its rounds through our whole office) that makes me increasingly tired and wakes me up in the middle of the night with a really itchy ear and gives me body aches and puffy glands, can take its toll. And sometimes this means I go into ultra scatter brain mode. I already am an absent minded person. So anyway, we decided to top up on LPG one morning on the way to work so I pulled into a gas station and Fab proceeded to get out of the passenger seat to fill the tank up. I thought, "maybe I will be good and clean the windows" so I climbed out and headed towards the cleaning apparatuses. Fab looked at me and kind of made a slight 'clearing-throat' sound and glanced at the car. "Oh, right! Sorry..." said I as I reached to the side of the driver's seat to unlock the compartment for him to refuel the car. I then carried on with my window wiping, all the while thinking I was doing a famously good job. Fab went inside to make the payment and came out with chocolate milk for me. Yum. "You look tired, I'll drive", offered my wonderful husband. "Ok" I replied and jumped into the car. "Erm, Jos, did you forget to turn off the engine while I was topping up on fuel?" Oops. We thanked God for not letting us both blow up with the car (and the whole petrol station full of commuters for that matter).
- When a colleague opened up about being in an abusive relationship and the extent to which she was trapped in the marriage because of lies her husband had told and debt he had incurred which she had lost most of her life savings paying off, as well as connections he had from a dark past that were never revealed and several other complicated matters, I became worried. I even asked people from church to pray for her during our prayer meeting. Well, today she informed me that her citizenship application is going very smoothly and what should have taken at least 6 months to even get looked at (not processed) is now in the midst of being considered for approval. This means she can remain in the country even if she has to leave her husband, where before she was dependent on him as she's from another country and was on a partner visa. She is staying because she does not want to disrupt her son's life by uprooting him again, especially when he is now in a good school, has settled in and is doing well. He's only 13. I am still concerned for her safety but things are slowly coming together for her which is a real miracle in itself considering all that has been happening for the past year and a half since she moved here.
2 comments:
Thanks friend for sharing these "God Moments." I love them and I try to notice them all day long in my life ... and thanks for noticing my typo ... FAST negativity, FEAST on praise/worship! :) You ROCK!
it is so good to notice the little and BIG things that God does for us. I wonder how many actually do go unnoticed as we are so busy with life.
just curious, did fab notice the sparkly clean window? hee hee
Post a Comment