Wednesday, 18 November 2009

A bit of past

I just found this written in one of my 'scrapbooks'. I chose to call it a treasure book though as I would be filling its white empty pages with good things like recipes and beautiful pictures and poems and all sorts of ideas and creations. I must have penned this down years ago but didn't record the exact date. Just thought I'd save it here:

Teach me to think the way that You do
Teach me to think like You

Teach me to see the world as You do
Teach me to perceive like You

For you are the ultimate Creator
(looking back "ultimate" sounds a little cheesy, need to find a different word to express the same thing)
And compassionate to all the world
Oh Lord, teach me to be more like You

Teach me to be more like You
One who is completely selfless
And fair to one and all
One who is great and mighty
Yet sees no one else as small
(the idea was to say I wanted humility not to be some super hero though that wouldn't be half bad Ü )

Teach me to look ahead, to see
The good above the bad
Teach me to trust in your infinite love
To be bold and strong, not scared

Oh Lord, teach me to be more like You

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails