Our grape vine. He ate it all! And it's a good thing he went for that first. And it's a good thing I found him before he attacked our basil plant, which I would have had words with him for if he had eaten this. He was casually standing on the ledge of the basil plant pot when I discovered his existence. Casually standing and gazing up at our basil!!!! The fat monster! Raahhhh! He was planning his attack. Yes, I could just see it in his pudgy little face (couldn't locate his eyes) that he was strategising how to conquer the basil after having devoured the vine. The greedy grub! I was on the phone with Fab when I looked out onto our balcony and noticed the grape vine had no leaves. How could this be when I distinctly recalled seeing a whole bunch of bright green leaves just this morning when I rolled up the blinds?
I said to Fab, "I don't know much about grape vines. Maybe this is part of the life cycle. Some weird shedding off of the old to welcome in the new". That's when he mentioned spotting a tiny caterpillar out on the balcony the other day but didn't think too much of it. It was possibly just sun-tanning. "He must have eaten it!" "Oh no", said Fab. "But it was only a little one". That's when my eyes rested on something along the edge of the basil plant pot. "That doesn't look like a leaf", I thought. "Plus neither plant has a leaf big enough to have shrivelled up and fallen to rest there". A closer inspection uncovered the perpetrator. The grape-vine-munching culprit! The audacity to nonchalantly ignore my presence and continue eyeing up our precious sweet basil I had only purchased a few days ago! Raaah!!!!! Needless to say, he got the toss and now resides in some foliage within this estate. Foliage that does not belong to anyone. His tiny friend has yet to be found. He better not be hiding in the soil of our basil plant!
Here's evidence:
As you can see, he is as broad as my thumb and has a little tail.




2 comments:
EW!!! he's icky. there is probably a grub spray or granules you could put down to save the rest of your crop. i've had to do so in the past. you know me and pests...
i'm glad to hear from you here and there. been thinking about you. love to hear from you - always!
i forwarded your "doll" post to a friend who just bought a sewing machine and has a little baby girl (the one i recently photographed). Thot she'd enjoy those patterns. Thanks!
xo!!
@_@ SHOCKED TO SEE THE BIG THING!!!!!! and he actually finnish eating it....wowwww.. lol
Post a Comment