"Oh I wish the course was more involved", I said just last week. Then BAM! Without warning, here comes the email on Monday morning about Module Two and our assignment for the week. We've all been placed in pairs to interview each other for a 500-word profile due Sunday. Oh, and I've got a bunch of readings to go through and analyse. Thank God I am unemployed and have time on my hands. Even though I will be busy on Tuesday and camping for the first time in my life this weekend (we leave Friday with the Lumleys to some relaxing beach spot). Well, this is what it's all about. Interviewing people and writing stories. I've just realised what a chicken I am already. "God, I hope my partner is nice...what should I ask her? What if she finds me utterly boring and cannot come up with something good to say with 500 words and our course instructor tells her she's done a poor job? What if the instructor does not think much of my writing?" Oh bung! Stop worrying, Jocelyn! I'm sure it'll be just fine. The lady I'm paired with lives on the Gold Coast, has three teenage children and runs a financial consulting business. Right.
My course mates are all well established and most have experience in writing (through being a journalist or editing for a particular publication or being involved in newspapers) or have connections (working in the radio industry or knowing people in politics). But I can hear God saying, "Don't start comparing yourself. This is your journey. The passion I have given you will take you on your own path. Don't define success according to what you see in the world. Let me define it for you".
Relax, relax, relax...breathe...
Update:
Ok, it's Tuesday and I'm back from Market Day already. Catch up with Elise and Anesu isn't until quarter past seven tonight. Met up with Angela yesterday afternoon which was good. Fab's keyboard class yesterday night went well too. And I am down to my last reading so am happy to have made good progress. Will need to read more feature articles on my own time to get used to identifying sub-points, transitions and writing styles and structures as a whole. I emailed my course mate yesterday morning and am now just waiting for her response so we can organise a time for the interview. Then it's head down, back straight and fingers ready to get the profile done. Lord, please give me inspiration and creativity to do a good job of this.
My course mates are all well established and most have experience in writing (through being a journalist or editing for a particular publication or being involved in newspapers) or have connections (working in the radio industry or knowing people in politics). But I can hear God saying, "Don't start comparing yourself. This is your journey. The passion I have given you will take you on your own path. Don't define success according to what you see in the world. Let me define it for you".
Relax, relax, relax...breathe...
Update:
Ok, it's Tuesday and I'm back from Market Day already. Catch up with Elise and Anesu isn't until quarter past seven tonight. Met up with Angela yesterday afternoon which was good. Fab's keyboard class yesterday night went well too. And I am down to my last reading so am happy to have made good progress. Will need to read more feature articles on my own time to get used to identifying sub-points, transitions and writing styles and structures as a whole. I emailed my course mate yesterday morning and am now just waiting for her response so we can organise a time for the interview. Then it's head down, back straight and fingers ready to get the profile done. Lord, please give me inspiration and creativity to do a good job of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment