Taking a leaf from this creatively talented lady's book, I shall endeavour to accomplish my own list of things to do before I hit thirty. Seeing as how that is taking place in only a month and a half, my list is going to be a third the length. So here goes:
- Finish the 5-week online feature writing course, complete with all exercises done to the best of my ability. File notes away neatly. (I'm slightly cheating with this one because I commenced the course this week but if I don't put this down I might have reason to slack)
- Look for work on the Gold Coast, update my resume and get some form of income streaming in by May (This point will require much prayer for direction so I'm not just jumping at anything but allowing God to decide my path, as He has dropped some clear hints regarding this season and a coming turn of events). By the 1st of May I will have been unemployed for three months, yikes!
- Finish reading Intercessory Prayer by Dutch Sheets
- Go camping for the first time in my life - as in actually stay in a tent in the outdoors with sleeping bags and camping-type cooking gear
- Start a writing blog. Not that this one does not contain writing. Refer to this post to know what I mean.
- Finish one more painting. Verses 1 and 2 of Psalm 91 have been popping into my mind for a week now. I want to portray 'being safe in the Father's arms' in this next piece
- Make something! This one is so vague but I'm slowly gathering ideas for a feasible feat and shall update once I have found the idea or will post a photo of the completed product. Ah, a bit of mystery for both you and I
- Succeed in making a batch of brownies to take to some of the people I used to work with.
- Host a high-tea or dinner party. Requirements: Must use recipes from the Donna Hay cookbook Tom gave us as an anniversary present (it's been one and a half years, folks! Of marriage to my wonderful Fab). Must also learn to bake red velvet cupcakes and place them on the three-tier plate stand thing Yee Yee gave as a wedding present
- Fab's parents and youngest sister will be here on the 7th of April, on transit to Adelaide. Fab will be in Melbourne for his course. My aim is to cook them a good meal since they've got quite a few hours to spare and I'll be fetching them from the airport so they can rest at our place. The first aim is actually to not be nervous about getting them because I get a bit anxious when I have to drive important people around.
No comments:
Post a Comment