Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Making Something

This is the first attempt. I thought, "Hey, I have old, unwanted clothes I can make something out of". So I started small. Actually I was thinking a small bag or purse but after getting rid of the existing hem that had seen better days, and making my own hem with tiny hand stitches (Photo 1), and giving it a paper bag kind of base, I realised I had not cut that much cloth. So it's a pencil case and a well-sized one too if you ask me. The length is perfect. I don't have a sewing machine so didn't bother with manually attaching a zip. Besides, I like buttons. My next step is to attach safety pins to the three bottle caps I took away from my farewell work lunch (Last Photo) so they become badges for my new pant-leg pencil case.


www www

wwwwww

wwwwww


www www

wwwwww

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jos, wow did you make these? They are fantastic, so unique and very creative. I reckon you could sell them at the markets... Seriously. So cool. Belle

Related Posts with Thumbnails