Friday, 21 May 2010

Fear is not your friend!

Charis sent me an email with a quote from Kris Valloton.

"The dogs of doom stand at the doors of your destiny. When you hear them barking you know you are near your promise land. Most people retreat in fear instead of crossing over and capturing their land. Fear is often disguised as wisdom or stewardship but it is a Trojan Horse sent in to steal your destiny. Fear is not your friend!!!!"

So true!

For me, I fear being out of my comfort zone. I fear uncertainty and failure. I fear rejection and opposition. I fear instability and insecurity.
 
What does the Word say? God is my Good Shepherd. He leads me to safe, quiet pastures to restore me.  He watches my coming and my going and He will never leave me or forsake me. I am fearfully and wonderfully made and He loves me with an everlasting love. He is the Alpha and Omega and has a plan to prosper me. He blesses me such that my cup overflows. He holds the entire universe in the palm of His hands.
 
Like the song says, "He is jealous for me. Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree. Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy. When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory. And I realise just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me. Oh, how He loves us all. Oh how He loves us. How He loves us so..."
 
God's got my back.

Afterthought taken from writing by Pastor Kong Hee:

Jesus was able to wash the feet of His disciples, taking on the role of a servant, because He loved them (John 13: 1). But also because He was very secure in Himself. He knew what the Father had given to Him, where He came from, and where He was going (John 13: 3). When you are secure in your own self-identity, you can be free to be who you are. You won’t have to struggle and strive to prove anything to anyone - not even to yourself.

3 comments:

KD said...

THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!! What a good word for me today!!! He does love us SOO! I just turned that song on and now I'm almost in tears... wow. He has our back too. He makes sense out of our brokenness. "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress where I will NOT be shaken." Ps 62:2-3

daega99 said...

Excellent post! Thanks for sharing!

ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

Rach said...

....but only in very cold conditions: a consideration if cold winter running is on your agenda.





Think about it.

Happy ICLW!!
#40 http://thegalwho.wordpress.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails