Tuesday, 25 May 2010

What would You like?

I never commited this year to You, Lord. I didn't sit down at the start of this year to seek You and ask You what Your plans are. I haven't started each day by being with You and asking what You'd like for me to do or how You would like me to spend the day. Why do I avoid doing that? I realise I often live by how I feel. I get so wrapped up in my emotions that they dictate how I function.

Friends have gone on a forty-day fast or set aside a certain timeframe to pray, to focus on You and allow You to speak into their hearts, minds and spirits. What have I done? Is this the reason for the disparity between their lives and mine? I'd rather speak here than talk to what feels like the air around me. I've got to hear Your voice again. I'm looking at the sticker on my desk that reads "We need to talk - God" and I know You're inviting me.

Somehow it's easier to hear You through someone else's music, preaching, testimony, blog, email, comment, sharing, teaching than it is through reading the Bible on my own. But I used to be able to hear You. Get me back to that place, God. Get me back to that place.

(Song by Jeremy Camp - My Desire)

1 comment:

Shin Yee said...

:) is so true Jos!...

Related Posts with Thumbnails