Tuesday, 19 October 2010

i ♥

This statement by Alan Marshall Beck (especially the second paragraph):

"Boys are found everywhere -- on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them.

A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."

Illustration by Quentin Blake
Illustration by Quentin Blake
Apart from that, I'm wondering if all my Roald Dahl books are still in our Singapore home. I hope they are because I ♥ my Roald Dahl books. I should complete the set. I don't yet have Boy and Going Solo. I've read Charlie & the Chocolate Factory and the one of the glass elevator but I don't own them either. I should have Matilda, The Twits, The Witches, The BFG, Fantastic Mr Fox, Esio Trot, James & the Giant Peach, Danny the Champion, Dirty Beasts, George's Marvelous Medicine, and Revolting Rhymes.



Illustration by Quentin Blake

1 comment:

Shin Yee said...

i love Matilda!! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails