Was just about to make this random post when I chanced upon a cute blog (photo source) after finding the Flor strawberry cake (she writes about it).
I've always wondered what it would be like to live in an abandoned lighthouse. A tall, broad, sturdy, stone lighthouse. I wonder if there is such a thing. If it would be confusing for people. If ship captains would complain about the broken light. If it would be frightening in a storm. I'd turn the tip with the light into the perfect room with a view. It'd have to have glass made to withstand a hurricane though.
I imagine it would be so romantic when the weather is calm and you get to enjoy the tremendous view and walks by the sea. When the interior is rustic and cosy; full of old, sentimental things, and photographs of loved ones and warm blankets for rugging up together on the favourite couch during the cooler season. Full of rich smells from the vanilla-bean scented candle and the food waltzing out of the little kitchen.
Where would the windows be? I'll have to think this one through...

No comments:
Post a Comment