Monday, 19 March 2007

Fruit

Galatians 5: 22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law"

How did my attitude turn this bad? I've allowed myself once again to be tardy with my control over my thought patterns. Today my heart was rotten...though I have been aware of what God has been reminding me about in His word (Each daily verse has been targeted right at me), I have not been consciously and actively putting them into practice and have often even blatantly defied them. I really need to work on this whole 'putting on (and not as in faking but beginning to apply into one's daily life as opposed to reacting out of selfish ambition) love, humilty, compassion, gentleness, goodness...' instead of expecting to be accepted, recognised, praised, loved. How liberating it can be to reach the point where you can give entirely freely and voluntarily out of a heart that truly cares.

How did I let my perspective towards my job become this bad? The job is not bad but I have been making too many negative confessions about it; about people more so...I feel trapped in my job even though it is a great place to work. It really is the battlefield of the mind. Speaking of which, I read that book by Joyce Meyer. Now I just have to act on it - the operative words here being "act on it". I've let jealousy sink in too. That and insecurity. These are the areas I need to surrender to God. People have been telling me to move on and apply for something else...I've obviously been whinging too much because of my frustration but the thing is the job has really been God-sent and I am and will always be grateful for it. Part of me really does think God intends for me to persevere in it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails