Tuesday, 20 March 2007

Gluttony

So here I am munching away on dipping bread past 11pm despite having eaten a large portion of fish and chips for dinner plus a decent-sized chocolate tart with smashed raspberries and vanilla ice cream for dessert. 

Right, well, that was not what I was intending to write about. This blog of mine is not turning out to be very entertaining...not funny, witty...I'll work on that. Hopefully it's meaningful at least to you. It sure is to me, serving as a place of reminders.

The daily Bible verses (from a website I follow) have been speaking to me, like God's warnings on over-drive. Now I'm starting to think that if I don't respond soon, God won't have a choice but to fling a brick at me. Usually that entails me banging my car. God is really smart; He knew the whole driving thing would be a good way to get my attention, to incorporate many handy life teachings. Great, now I need to recall what they all are exactly.

Anyway, for now, it's all about HOLINESS, applying the Word and working out my salvation to have experiential faith that will carry me through life's ups and downs to the reward God has so graciously and generously prepared for me. And being chosen, given a purpose - an election and calling I need to be sure of and pursue. There's also much talk on love and not getting involved in gossip, slander, malice, idolatry - things I need to be aware of and action

Aicarumbah! The lady on tonight's medical show had a long scissors in her body that had moved down towards her abdomen and cut through her bowel area...whoa, praise God for preserving her life all these years though she started to suffer a great deal of pain over a period of a couple of years before they finally x-rayed her because she demanded it. Anyway, now having had surgery, she is slowly recovering but the poor thing is in some shock and went through times of depression from the whole ordeal. Nevertheless I believe God gave her back her life to live.

Ok, major side track there...hmmm now mind is drifting off to sleep.

Maybe I'll end this one here.

Mental note to self: Tie in all the verses together, get the big picture and do something about it!

Tomorrow we shall digress to another topic, I think.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails