"Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He is like a tree planted by the water that sends its roots out by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes, its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." Jeremiah 17: 8
I want to be such a person. I want to be one who is not swayed by external influences but will cling tightly to God in all circumstances. I want to be one who is strong and stable in my emotions. I want to be a beautiful, life giving cherry blossom tree! They may not bloom all year round but they sure have their moments to shine...moments people would travel the world to be a part of. I'm not saying I want to shine and take glory upon myself but be one who can be used by God - to have times where I am in the background quietly serving and supporting, and times where I am in the forefront, fighting fearlessly or really reaching out and touching the lives of others and blessing them richly so they too may turn to God and be saved.
No comments:
Post a Comment