Tuesday, 13 March 2007

What hurts?

Verse for the day: More than conquerors - Romans 8: 28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes"...funny that as I was just complaining to God about something He allowed to happen...what can I say now? It upsets me that He let it but then there are so many things I am not seeing, not understanding. And I cannot deny that He really has kept to this word of His with regards to my life and my family's and loved ones.

In the bridge of one song, it says, "You give and take away, You give and take away, My heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be Your name"...(and the chorus) "Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed me Your name, Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be Your glorious name"

I wonder what compelled the composer to write such lyrics but I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with that verse; with experiencing God's sovereignty and love in every situation even when it goes beyond our capability to reason, to comprehend, to even imagine. Yes, even in times of losing someone so precious to us. Someone whom we fought hard or struggled so much over because of our desire to be with the person and finally could be with but then lost in a split second in a random or even cruel event.

I want to trust the Lord with all my heart, mind, soul and strength!! I don't want to fear impending pain...and besides it really may never come...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails