Monday, 17 March 2008

Curiosity kills the Fat Cat

My obsession got the better of me on Sunday and I made a 20-minute getaway to Indooroopilly to see if Pumkin Patch carried a top I found at Harbour Town on Saturday. It caught my eye in the girls (aged 11-14 maybe) section and from experience (I've bought a top and skirt from there and even managed to fit into an XS or 2XS in some instances depending on the cutting) I thought I'd give the XS a go since that was one of the sizes available. Nope, too small...actually everything fit really well except I couldn't get the top third of the zip to close fully (was pretty much locked into position but who would risk that?) So back I went to rummage through the stand at this factory outlet branch. Ah, a medium so I gave that a try but it was just too large at the top and made me look pregnant. Common sense told me a small would be perfect. No smalls! Ahh, I was devastated (ok, I'm exaggerating). From memory (I walked into the store I think the week before looking for something for my nephews too), the Indooroopilly branch did not carry that design but I had to have a look just to make sure and put my mind at ease (it was one of the first things I thought about when I woke up!).

Guess what?! The small was the first size I picked up off the rack - they had the top! Yay! BUT! To my grave dismay (ok, I'm exaggerating again), the small was also too small! I felt like a strangled goose (not that I know what that feels like exactly but I imagine I was pretty close). What a wrapped up dumpling I was and I couldn't breathe and then I got an instant headache and needed to vomit (this I am not exaggerating, I really did feel quite ill after getting myself out of the top - went back to Church later but the sickness didn't subside until I asked God during the prayer meeting and we started praise). I quickly tried to distract myself and got an All Berry Bang from the Boost Juice Bar. So anyway, at least now I know for sure I can't buy the top even though it was $2 cheaper at Indroo (which would make it $17.95). I am sad. Purchasing the medium and having it altered is not worth it. I will find something else in the future I am sure, yes! it's not the end of the world!

Stay tuned for more Shopping Adventures in Chubby Land

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails