I was at Pinelands Oishi Sushi on Sunday night for dinner with Charis and I went to the public toilet round the corner of the building in the dark alleyway...they have toilets with blue lights. So anyway, I got in there and did my usual thing, and then as I came out to wash my hands I suddenly had a really brilliant idea.
I thought to myself, "I know what I'll do, I'll hold the door open with my foot as it's next to the sink, wash my hands and then go out, letting the door close behind me. This way I don't have to touch the door after washing my hands". I though I would attempt one of those 'be-more-hygenic- tricks' (I usually don't stop to consider such things and just open the door and exit even after washing my hands, which can, according to some, defeat the purpose as the door handle can be baceria-infested. So that's just what I did.
Wasn't at all an acrobatic act but just as I turned to walk out, my foot moved forward to let go of the door and being the really heavy door that it is (with a fast swinging motion), it slammed onto my left hand as that part of me wasn't quick enough to get out in time. I felt the pain and hoped it wouldn't do much damage. I proceeded to keep rubbing on the inflicted area.
Ten minutes later my hand had turned a deep red and there sat these two dark bruises, one at the chicken drumstick looking section below my thumb close to where it adjoins in a web to the index finger, and one at the base of my index finger. The pain steadily grew til it hurt to just shake my hand...the ache was positioned more in the web region which made it hard with controlling movements but driving was still alright...good thing it wore off pretty soon after we left the place. Still hurts slightly if I press on the spots where the bruises were more evident.
I thought to myself, "I know what I'll do, I'll hold the door open with my foot as it's next to the sink, wash my hands and then go out, letting the door close behind me. This way I don't have to touch the door after washing my hands". I though I would attempt one of those 'be-more-hygenic- tricks' (I usually don't stop to consider such things and just open the door and exit even after washing my hands, which can, according to some, defeat the purpose as the door handle can be baceria-infested. So that's just what I did.
Wasn't at all an acrobatic act but just as I turned to walk out, my foot moved forward to let go of the door and being the really heavy door that it is (with a fast swinging motion), it slammed onto my left hand as that part of me wasn't quick enough to get out in time. I felt the pain and hoped it wouldn't do much damage. I proceeded to keep rubbing on the inflicted area.
Ten minutes later my hand had turned a deep red and there sat these two dark bruises, one at the chicken drumstick looking section below my thumb close to where it adjoins in a web to the index finger, and one at the base of my index finger. The pain steadily grew til it hurt to just shake my hand...the ache was positioned more in the web region which made it hard with controlling movements but driving was still alright...good thing it wore off pretty soon after we left the place. Still hurts slightly if I press on the spots where the bruises were more evident.
No comments:
Post a Comment