A book by Phil Vischer which I chanced upon at Koorong bookstore while browsing for possible purchase-candidates, 30% discount card in hand. You know, I think that though I wasn't there for long, God probably brought my attention to the various books I ended up plucking off the shelves because I went in there with a totally different list in mind and could not find the main book I wanted as it had sold out ("Repositioning Yourself" by TD Jakes). I came home with this book on "A True Story About Dreams, God, and Talking Vegetables".
As Christianbook.com writes, "Not many people can claim "talking vegetables" as the fruit of their life's labor, but Phil Vischer can! Starting with no money, no connections, and no clue what he was getting himself into, he doggedly pursued his dream to use his love of technology and slightly warped sense of humor to change the world for Christ. But instead of becoming the next Walt Disney, Phil Vischer found himself in bankruptcy court, watching everything fall apart. Follow his remarkable journey from VeggieTales creator to bankrupt dreamer as he shares his story of trial and ultimate triumph. It may change everything you believe about dreaming big, falling hard and getting back up again."
As Christianbook.com writes, "Not many people can claim "talking vegetables" as the fruit of their life's labor, but Phil Vischer can! Starting with no money, no connections, and no clue what he was getting himself into, he doggedly pursued his dream to use his love of technology and slightly warped sense of humor to change the world for Christ. But instead of becoming the next Walt Disney, Phil Vischer found himself in bankruptcy court, watching everything fall apart. Follow his remarkable journey from VeggieTales creator to bankrupt dreamer as he shares his story of trial and ultimate triumph. It may change everything you believe about dreaming big, falling hard and getting back up again."
Let me just say I love VeggieTales! And what better book to get on having vision and persevering in God than one written by a man with a quirky sense of humour I totally appreciate?! I mean, look at the cover! He's sitting next to a giant talking tomato! What could be more "me"?!
I'll be getting to this a little later though as I've chosen to first pursue the other books I purchased - "A Life Unleashed" by Christine Caine, "Out of Control & Loving It!" (this one I have just started and I can surely say that the books I was drawn towards to get are certainly for me! I have a habit at times of reading several books at once as they each speak to me about something on different occassions) and "Fight Like a Girl" by Lisa Bevere.
No comments:
Post a Comment