Tuesday, 1 April 2008

counting pounds

Was walking behind a girl who works at UQ and lives somewhere in St Lucia on my way home. I've seen her around a number of times and have always envied her wardrobe. Told God that it would be perfect if I had her figure as we're about the same height...oh and her skin tone too, Lord, I remarked...then I could wear all the pretty things I would love to own. Of course I know God was just shaking His head again and telling me to be content and not covet and that perhaps I ought to be more disciplined in looking after my health since I keep falling under the weather. (I live on instant noodles and other such foods, plus I eat out way too much and am too lazy to cook myself a decent meal)

Was thinking: In terms of weight loss for the wedding, my plans amount to next to nothing despite the repeated comments of having this as a resolution...one never takes into consideration that time waits for no (wo)man who sits on her bum all day and eats like a pig. Although, I did make an effort to look up things like Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig and I suppose I should be pleased that the consultant told me that I am 5Kg below their starting mark. I can boast that I have never been overweight but my tummy does carry more fat rolls than a baker shop. This, though, was a pleasant discovery in a way, that for my height, the programme would only work if I were 5Kg heavier...to think that there was a time I was 5 Kg heavier, for about a year maybe? Scary! I'm below the starting mark for the CSIRO diet too so sadly, proper exercise and portion control really are the way to go! Back to making time for yoga then! And maybe I really will start that detox thing Vanessa was on and eat more salads and less carbs (Jos does drama queen action of tossing head back and placing hand on forehead...oh the pains of beauty! This is all too much for me...I love my carbs!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails