Thursday, 15 May 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Meant to blog this on the day itself but have been occupied with work and things...was it Tuesday morning? The "fateful" day I stepped into the shower early, only to discover that there was no hot water!?! That's right! It was a cold morning with icy cold water...*BRRRR** (Jos does freezing motion) *Chisels at ice shell and breaks through the cracks* I was like "you're joking right?" and even contemplated not showering *smells self and tests consistency of overnight bed hair* (No, that was not going to be an option). "I know!", I very "cleverly" thought to myself, "I always switch the lights on but this morning I forgot...maybe flicking on the light switch connects me up to the hot water system too and then all will be alright!" "Yeah, yeah, let's do that!" *Flick* (wait...pause...twiddle thumbs...jump around cold water splashing at my feet...squeal some more...let out a huge sigh...pray and beg God some more...give in to defeat - yes, I'm a bit of a fatalist)

SO anyway, I decided I would overcome and brave the cold. Yes, grit my teeth and get on with it! So I tipped my head forward to try and wash my hair without getting much water on my back and upper body....*SHiver, shiver...* Through chattering teeth I made it through the shampooing and yes, even conditioning *HOoray for me!* Right! I can do this! I will count to three and rush into the freezing water to wash the rest of me and then sprint out to grab my trusty old towel for comfort and temporary relief! *1...2...3...GO!* "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" (Silent yells in head) "God, thank You SOOOO much for hot water! I pray for all those people who don't even have water let alone hot showers and soft doonas to sleep under at night...I am thoroughly and extravagantly blessed and I thank YOU SOOOOO much!!!" (Jos makes a bee-line for the towel)

My consolation, the hair dryer..."ooh, nice...toasty warm air pockets" *Knock, Knock* "Erm, Jos...(a tiny voice calls out) is there any hot water on your side?" It's Yen. She is dismayed at my flat reply. (Jos hears sigh on other side of bathroom door). Hot water came back that night! Praise God! We have lived to tell the tale! Adventures of Jos and Yen on cold wintery mornings to be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails