Thursday, 1 May 2008

point taken

Another night and another battle with God on the horrors in the world (Sometimes I wish I could pretend it all weren't true but if I really do avoid reading the articles and shut myself off, then I am all the more letting lives be destroyed as they can't turn off their TV - they live in the horror, and I wouldn't be living either as God never intended for me to be a self centred hermit)

Rape, in my mind, is a torment unparallelled in male terms but it is true that there are men (and boys) who suffer considerably throughout the world too despite many nations being male dominated because so many other factors are at play.

What does God tell me again today in response to my agonising train of thoughts and fears? It is impossible to please Him without faith.

Faith. A hope in things unseen and not yet attained, yet based on what will be - that God will reward those who earnestly seek Him, whether in this life or eternity at large.

Faith. A step taken despite not understanding, despite not seeing Him "move" by my definitions, despite seeing horrors prevail.

Ok, God, point taken...let's try and move on and actually try and focus my mind on taking this grave discontent and turning it into something constructive, something that can actually make a difference - a positive impact on the community, instead of letting the disgust and fear turn me away from You who holds all the answers.

1 comment:

Charismatic said...

i think i know what u are refering to. i cringed for a night as well.Still cringing. and i remembered our converation about it. You know, Jos, use your deep disgust for it to make a difference in this world.Perhaps it is the key to being one of the champions for this cause!hehe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails