Wednesday, 21 May 2008

GCC 2008 Here we go!

I've joined the Global Corporate Challenge...we're walking around the world, well not quite literally but it's a walking challenge where you get into teams with people in your workplace and walk, and the team that walks the most steps by the end of the 4 months wins. The website tracks our journey around the world. Ideally we need to walk 10, 000 steps a day to make it round the world by the end of the 4 months. Our starting point is somewhere in Chile, the place name starts with the letter "V" (as you can see, I've clearly forgotten the name). I think there are 7 of us on the team. We received our kits this week - a backpack with a water bottle, cap, wrist band, pair of socks, two pedometers, a mouse mat and two tiny booklets about health. I don't think there's a face towel in all of that...hmm...anyway, we begin tomorrow. I've taken this challenge as a means to be accountable to others and get myself motivated to do a little more exercise than I otherwise would do. You're welcome to cheer (not jeer) me on Ü and maybe remind me to wear my little pedometer everywhere I go...it's a little finicky and doesn't always register steps accurately but oh well. And each night I have to log into the website and be honest about the number of steps I record for the day. As the challenge closes in 4 months, I will have this little gadget with me on my honeymoon as I chill out on the beach and stuff myself for a month, woohoo! So hopefully this will mean I won't gain any weight during that time. Stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails