Thursday, 1 May 2008

>>Press Forward>>

At this, the start of the 6th phase of Arise & Build Unidus: Press Forward in 2008, I am reflecting upon God's goodness to my family and me, and thinking over what my new faith pledge ought to be towards the building fund.

God has never short changed me. In fact, He has blessed me with more than I could have imagined...He's truly been with my family and me every step of the way, every day of our lives, and has provided for us and brought us through the many circumstances that come and go in life. Everything, down to the tiniest detail, has been looked after by God in huge ways.

When it came to making my first pledge a few years ago, I was somewhat facing a transition in my life. A time where I needed to find a job to begin to support myself so that I could be financially independent from my wonderful parents who had, up until that point (undertaking a postgraduate diploma in human studies), supplied my every need (and many times my every want). I told God I would use my salary to contribute to the building fund, and with that He gave me a job with World Vision, which was a really meaningful experience for me. Then it came time to find something that would give me the hours and stability of a permanent full time position. As God challenged me to pledge more in the next phase, He also provided, as I responded, with a job at the Uni. And not just any job. One that met and exceeded every specific prayer request I had made.

Each time a new phase came around, there was an urging to give more. And each time as my giving increased, He gave me. An increase in salary as my position was re-classified, a move into a higher position within the same department. A town house. I had, for some time, desired to have a place to call my own (like how Unidus will be a place our Church can call our own). Within me I felt God asking if I would build His house first, as then other things would fall into place. I said Yes, and gave. It didn't take long after for God to give Fab and I our very own home.

As this last phase was closing, I thought to myself that perhaps I had given enough for the time being. Besides, God, I reasoned, I will have a mortgage now and there are many other things to finance...like a wedding for starters...I felt a small prompting, as if to ask again if I would build His house first...I think I drowned it out with other thoughts and feelings and silly justifications.

It was not until the Leaders' Advance on Anzac did the conviction hit my heart. I looked back upon my life and saw God at every occasion, every turn, every everything actually. And how much He has given me and how all He has ever asked for is my willingness and faithfulness to trust Him and to give.

So, here we are. At the start of a new phase with house mortgage and wedding preps in tow. But I believe there is a peace within me to give again. And even a slight curious anticipation of what God will do. We've come so far as a Church. So far with Unidus. Fab and I have come so far too, as individuals, as a couple...All thanks to God. We're so close to the finishing line of having that land cleared, the community centre constructed. To seeing broken lives flooding in, their very energy to continue on ebbing away, then walking out anew with a fire in their spirits and its reflective light in their eyes.

God, build this dream deep in my heart, open my spiritual eyes to have this vision grow in size, in clarity and fill my idle thoughts with an expectant hope. Use my tiny returns of what You have given me to build Your house. May I not have wordly desires above You in my heart but cause my heart to align itself with Yours. Thank you for all You are and for all You've done. Please continue to watch over our families. I pray for healing for my mum's punctured ear drums and that You will keep her and her friends safe (yet use them mightility) as they venture into East Timor for You. Thank you

1 comment:

cberry said...

wow.
thank you for posting and sharing.

God really stirred my heart through your testimony to continue to build His house and see with spiritual eyes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails