Friday, 30 May 2008

A Morning In

The time is 11:30 in the morning and I'm sitting at home. Why? Because the water pipes have burst and so we have absolutely no water. That's right, not just no hot water but no water at all whatsoever. So we've not brushed our teeth or had a bath or been able to go to the toilet. We're not presentable enough to emerge from the house...the "pains" of being a woman. Heh...we just refuse to step out with bad breath and bed hair. Yen's on her laptop and phone...and we're just waiting...

It's been raining which just makes this the perfect day to stay in, keep on the pyjamas, make a cup of hot chocolate (there's a problem, no water for the hot chocolate) and pick up a good book or DVD or, as I'm doing now, blog (Jos smiles). They were meant to have had them fixed by now but I guess it's more complicated than expected plus I don't envy the poor people standing out in the cold trying to make sense of the situation. How we are so blessed. I just can't imagine living out in a desert region...a land with no clean water or any water for that matter. It would be horrendous. I am truly grateful. My stomach growls* It's about time to feed Bert (my belly). Ooh, Yen is going to make pork floss sandwiches...I made do with some rice crackers (my oats are in the office)

I've been looking at wedding bouquets...I'll be going for the posy (the round style) as it apparently is best suited for the 'princess gown' and plus I just like it. Didn't think I would settle for the full rather puffed-up skirt style with medium can-can underneath but it turned out to wear best on me after all the trying-on and parading about in the bridal studio back home. My poor parents are having to cart the dresses (mine, bridesmaids and flower girls) all the way on a 7 and a half-hour flight for the wedding. Packages there are less exhorbitantly priced and they make it easier by including all the bits and pieces you require. Added bonus would be the range of styles to choose from too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails