Monday, 16 February 2009

sweet valentine

Us at the Coast, 2007


Came home Saturday night to a bouquet of pink lilies and a letter expressing sincere love and affection. Fab and I were apart this Valentines as Church had organised a Bold and Beautiful weekend. By "Church" I mean Pastors, leaders (Fab included) and some of us training to be leaders. So it's not like this was sprung on us as some weird surprise. We were involved in the planning. We were creating an opportunity for the guys in the church to bond with one another and the girls to get to know one another better.

The guys went camping at some log cabin (Fab said the place was beautiful and wants to bring me there) and the girls stayed over at Belle's (our Pastor's wife). The boys battled leeches and played soccer half naked in a flooded muddy field, while the girls made sushi and Vietnamese rolls for dinner, watched Juno, got up early the next morning, watched Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, had Belle's homemade waffles and fruit for breakfast, went jogging and sprinting around a lovely large lake, were taught some great tips on fashion, hair and nails by Elise, gained heaps from Belle's sharing on the Character of a Virtuous Woman (Proverbs 31), wrote vows to Jesus, made pita bread pizzas for lunch, and spent the evening painting in Belle's beautiful little courtyard with her labrador Honey, who incidentally had an obsession with licking my bum.

Anyhow, I got home late Saturday night to a quiet home as Fab was only due back the next morning. The sweetheart had bought the bouquet the night before and left it in a vase on our kitchen table so it'd be the first thing I saw when I walked up the stairs. The aroma of the lilies had already filled our little town house. What a heartwarming welcome home. Happy Sigh

I totally crashed that night though. Was so tired. Only managed to unpack and clean myself up and tidy the house a bit. Laundry keeping and more laundry washing plus vacuuming had to wait for the next morning. Not feeling too great today so we're home. My entire body is incredibly sore! I am so unfit and my head is really heavy...nose was all stuffed last night and my throat kind of scratchy. It's so warm today! Ah well. Should be right by tomorrow.

1 comment:

lisaqshay said...

You have yourself a good husband girl.

Of course, I'm of the opinion that you probably make a pretty good wife!

Related Posts with Thumbnails