Tuesday, 25 May 2010

found a beautiful song

It's true isn't it? How many of us girls have looked at the fake pictures in a magazine and desired to look like that at some point in our lives? How many times have we jumped through hoops to get someone else's attention, affection, approval?

God says to us, "There could not be a more beautiful you". You are fearfully and wonderfully made. Beautiful in every way and God adores you as His child, His beloved. I still have a hard time receiving God's love. I don't know why. I know in my head He loves me and I know I have experienced His love in so many ways but it's like I'm just not grasping it properly. His heart for us is written all throughout His word though.

A friend of mine, Robin,  asked me to read Song of Solomons. For some reason that book has always turned me away. I have always felt uncomfortable reading it and have never been able to relate. But she asked me to take it a verse at a time if I had to. And to pray as I read it. To ask God to speak to me through the verses so that I could begin to understand His heart for me. I got through the first chapter I think but haven't read the book since Robin went back to Canada last November. Maybe I should start again.

1 comment:

Shin Yee said...

love the song and the mtv! :) <3 Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails