Tuesday, 18 November 2008

Only my husband can

Dedicated to you, Fab

10 of the gazillion things that "only my husband can"

Only my husband can tell me I look pretty sporting a frumpy shower cap as I fiddle around in the bathroom or carrying a large red pimple slap bang in the centre of my forehead

Only my husband can make me the perfect 'Nutella' and banana sandwich for breakfast

Only my husband can make me smile just by drawing a happy face in the air and giving me that little twinkle in his eyes

Only my husband can fully appreciate my totally bizarre sense of humour and join me in being completely kooky like some giant fruit loop until we both end up in a heap laughing like silly little kids

Only my husband can start reading one of the daily devotions (for couples) for the month of September instead of November and comment, "Hey, haven't we read this before? I think they made an error in the printing", only to have me glance over and remark, "You're in the wrong month!" (And burst out laughing of course)

Only my husband can quietly reach for my hand in the car and tell me he missed me when he had to spend one night away for work

Only my husband can make me feel special in a crowd as he acknowledges me from afar with a blink that says, "Hi"

Only my husband can physically put his arm around me and enfold me in his warm embrace to comfort me as I bawl my eyes out after altar call on Sunday night

Only my husband can call me his baby, his princess, his beautiful wife (OK, apart from God calling me His beloved and blushing bride as well) and kiss me on the forehead as he gently tucks me into bed at night, making sure I am comfy and warm enough

Only my husband can make me know I'm the most adored wife on the face of the universe

Fab, you're the most gorgeous man I have ever met and know. Apart from Grandpa and Pa, you're the most treasured man in my life. You are the most wonderful husband any girl could ever have. You love me with a love that is so pure and generous and deep. You are often quiet and unassuming and so big on your actions that show me I am esteemed. You lift me up when I am down, you lead me when I am tempted to give up. I thank God for you every single day for you are surely one of my greatest blessings from Him. My family loves you and that has always been hugely important to me. When my parents supported our relationship and kept asking after you, I knew you had to be the right one, for they too love me unconditionally and have the wisdom and reliance upon God to let me know what is best. There is so much about you I could write. All the beautiful aspects of who you are and what you do and how you are to me. But perhaps I will continue to store them in my heart and reveal each one to you slowly so you know I love and appreciate you fully.

Love, yours forever, Jos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!!
im starting to blush when i read this post..
*WWWHHHHHEEEEEE* =D

Related Posts with Thumbnails