Monday, 2 February 2009

Blind sighted

Have you ever heard the instructions of God and thought they were foolish? Have you ever thought your knowledge and understanding to be higher than God's or simply more practical? After all, what would God know being so high and lofty, so disengaged, so distant from our situations, our problems, so disinterested in our wants and fancies, right? Wrong. Things revealed by the Spirit are foolishness to the man who does not believe, who does not seek, who does not choose to love and trust. He does not comprehend. Before time began, God destined certain things for our glory. Us. Mere mortals the size of the dandruff of a microscopic organism's microscopic pet. And He now reveals the secrets of His wisdom through His Spirit to those willing to listen. Willing to respond. Willing to let their minds, hearts and spirits be opened to truths far greater than ourselves. Far greater than our insignificant wants in this temporary life.

This is something I want to start to grasp. To take hold of. When we get a picture of just how tiny earth is in comparison to the rest of the entire universe with all the complex galaxies within it, containing all the different planets, the stars...and to know that God holds every single thing in the palm of His hands...and we realise how incredibly minuscule that makes us, it kind of puts a lot of things into perspective. That is something I have to learn to do though. Let that whole truth just sink in and not question. Just stop my blabbering and my doubting and my telling God that all this does not change the fact that still my circumstances are real to me and if I were in someone else's shoes, say a little child in an abusive family, I would think that my ordeal was never going to end and maybe never see any worth in myself and never trust in anyone and never have hope...I need to stop all that. And just see that God is right. In comparison to eternity, in comparison with all that is out there beyond me and my life and my world, there is a God who has it all in the palm of His hands and He has already planned something so wonderful for me that it is just too big for my comprehension and my imagination to contain. And not only has He prepared good works for me, He has prepared me for these good works. So though I think I am nothing, which I am apart from Him, He has made me and taken notice of me and before the creation of time, He set an amazing destiny for me in place, one I can achieve because He has made me able to do so. I just need to stay close to Him.

(Read 1 Corinthians 2...verse 9 says, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him")


2 comments:

MK said...

I needed encouragement and this post was it.
I'm struggling quite a lot at work these days. It's quite challenging and I am really hanging on to the hope that God has for me. Something perfectly for me just from Him.

Thanks, Jos.. Keep writing :)

lisaqshay said...

hey there...i haven't forgotten you and the email i was to send on. i have about 1/2 dozen projects that are hovering right about my head. i just need to sit down and do a few.

hope you're well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails