Since God has given us all authority on earth, let's walk in it and claim back what is ours; what belongs to His kingdom. I want to see God's will being done on earth as it is in heaven and I know this is possible because Jesus teaches us to pray it. If I keep sitting here crying over why God doesn't just intervene each time something horrific is going to happen, and wondering in fear if He will one day allow me to go through the same thing, or why I got given into a loving family and safe life when it could be me in their shoes, I'll surely go insane.
There is too much I cannot grasp but God is saying He has not left us powerless to fight the enemy, and the enemy is not man (though for more than two decades I have harboured resentment and wariness towards many of them). There are days I struggle with why God won't just shut down the devil and his corporation now, given there is enough sin (and its ramifications) to tackle already. But it appears He is waiting for me (and the church) to participate in bringing the enemy down.
So we focus on what God is doing not what He isn't. Reports are being distributed to other parts of the world to generate awareness and garner response. At least there's that. It's not just being kept under wraps, even if many cases are not recorded. News is getting out. The thing is we need not wait for someone in, what we consider, a 'position of influence' to take action. We have the capacity to make a difference. Seemingly ordinary individuals. We have the power to give voice to the voiceless and change what is wrong.
What women are facing in nations such as DR Congo, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India is wrong. And what's worse is, they're being told they deserve it or have brought it upon themselves in some way. We need to bring truth into those places. And it's not just there. It's in Asia, it's across Europe, it's in our own backyards.
As God enables, "one can chase a thousand, two can put ten thousand to flight" (Deuteronomy 32: 30). We are not alone when we walk with Him. We may be one person here but look across history and you will see the legacy of a single man; a single woman -works that changed the landscape of our societies for the better. And as we gather those in our circle (family, friends, colleagues, classmates...) and stand united in our front for true freedom, we are a formidable force in the enemy's face.
We are the force to be reckoned with in the arenas that govern our communities - politics, government and legislation, education, arts, media, economics, business - the ones to be heard and taken seriously when policies are being made or reconsidered; the ones who shape culture, thinking and the messages that are flashed about and perpetuated.
If we want honour, we live out honour and influence others to do likewise. I'm sick of being suppressed by this suffocating fear. I'm sick of feeling overwhelmed and bitter. I know I can't keep hiding behind the trivial things that make me happy and distract me temporarily. What meaning will my life really have if all I have to show for it is a closet of pretty frocks and accessories?
I asked God for focus and He brought me into Mission Educate. A proposal has been made to a partner organisation, that aids with funding, on bringing the literacy program to India. Talk is in the air about perhaps shifting this to a part of Asia. Either way, we shall seek the Lord's direction as limited resources means we have to target areas one at a time. There are glaring needs in a large number of regions but God knows how to proceed.
After reading the article linked from this post on Girl with a Satchel, I want to support the women in India. My heart aches at their plight. I am disgusted at the level of cruelty that exists. It is simply inhumane, so much so it makes me think the spiritual climate needs an overhaul. We have to get Satan out of our homes, out of our neighbourhoods, out of our schools and government, out of everything and out for good!
The kingdom of God has been forcefully advancing (Matthew 11: 12) and we can continue to claim back what belongs to the kingdom by being 'forceful' in our intercession and with the blueprints and strategies God will give as we seek His heart.
The kingdom of God has been forcefully advancing (Matthew 11: 12) and we can continue to claim back what belongs to the kingdom by being 'forceful' in our intercession and with the blueprints and strategies God will give as we seek His heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment