Saturday, 9 July 2011

Jesus is a pretty cool guy in my books

Katie came to get me this afternoon as Fab had gone to her and Andy's place at around 9 in the morning to help dig holes and set up the infrastructure for what will be a bird aviary in their gorgeous backyard. I didn't feel well enough to follow that early but since I was good to go later in the day, Fab didn't want me to be home alone and Katie very sweetly agreed to collect me to hang out. (I know, I'm spoilt rotten!) 

She messaged to ask what the security code for our gated community is and I replied to say I'd wait by the road.  Walking up the slope to the entrance of the complex, it dawned on me I didn't have the key for the side gate and hoped a car would either be leaving or coming in so I could slip out after. There was no vehicle in sight so I asked God if He would please open the gate for me. Just as I finished my sentence, the gate allowing drivers into the estate swung towards me.

You have to understand there is no sensor along the gate for it to respond to a pedestrian. I checked this with Fab, the engineer who knows these things. He confirmed there was no way the gate could have opened on its own accord. As it did, a white car came up the hill, so not only had God answered my request, He gave me two options. I took gate number one and watched it close promptly behind me.

You've got to admit that's pretty cool. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails