Monday, 26 January 2009

Australia Day


Actually, I'm not writing about the meaning of Australia Day. Just wanted to say, I took a leaf out of Vicky's book and had, not a V-Day, but a JJAJ Day. A "Just Jesus and Jocelyn Day". It's been good. We woke up at quarter past 7 and I put in a load of laundry after slowly getting up and brushing my teeth and freshening up. Then we made breakfast and watched the morning show "Today" and huddled together on our super comfy couch. Then Fab headed off to join some friends while I stayed home to have some quiet time. I hung out the laundry, listened to an audio sermon on Maximising Potential and took heaps of notes, checked my emails (made one reply), made a couple of posts and now Fab's fetching me to join the rest of them for a fish and chips lunch. Nice. Be back later! Have a great day everyone!

Jos adds on Tuesday: I made myself sick on the fish and chips lunch. Green tea helps settle the stomach in case you're wondering. Hot green tea. It washes away the greasy feeling and neutralises the taste left hanging in the mouth.

Julie came over and the three of us camped out in front of Fab's laptop to watch movies online over dinner. Fab found a website that allows you to view movies legally. Julie and I were keen to see 7 pounds. All three of us felt very conflicted and heavy at the end. The movie kind of kept us guessing in the beginning as we were trying to make head or tail of the storyline. It wasn't really tricky to pick up but when the plot sunk in, our hearts sank too and by the time the whole story had unfolded, we just felt ill in our guts. It was pretty heart wrenching but also left us feeling really tingly and sort of queasy. We needed something to cheer us up from the rather depressing message. He did a beautiful thing but it was borne from guilt and an inability to fully deal with the past. And the way he chose to do what he did. Aye! And the loss of new found love. Double aye! Our solution? Wall-E. Julie commented at the end that for a show with so little dialogue, it was pretty good. Call us what you will but all of us (including Fab) fell in love with the little robotic guy. It was the little things, as Julie pointed out, the little motions and expressions and actions the filmmakers included, that made it great. I'm amazed that little cricket/cockroach fellow survived. And the pudgy wudgy people! Their hands and feet were so cute. So chubby. Fab said they walked like babies when they finally made it off their space chairs. I'm not going to let myself get that lazy and huge though. I'll have heart failure for sure. Julie said I resemble Mop or was it Mot? The little cleaning guy who seems to have a bit of an OCD thing happening. I get a bit pedantic sometimes in the way I want things to be cleaned or arranged.

Sigh, the server is down at work so I'm stuck as all the computer programs I need in order to do what I need to do are not functioning properly.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails