Thursday, 1 January 2009

Happy Hot Holiday


It's 37 degrees Celsius here and I am cooking in my on home. We have air conditioning in the living room but it's of no use today. Fab has switched it off. I'm in the study, trying to take comfort from the moving air swirled around by the floor fan. It's doing little more than circulating the heat.

But, it is the first day of the new year. 2009. I still can't quite believe it but it is. 2009. And I will turn 29 in 4 months and 17 days. I never would have seen myself where I am today. It is strikingly obvious the grace of God upon my life that I have graduated from all different levels of schooling on the first attempt, made it to a foreign country and thrived fantastically for over 9 years. I've got a great job. Boring but safe, with wonderfully flexible hours, incredible conditions (with my own office to boot) and colleagues who care for me. I have the most loving, supportive, generous, sacrificially giving, godly family, the perfect husband (for me), beautiful friends and a glorious Church. I belong somewhere and I am truly and utterly blessed beyond compare. I am sure you can find much to give God thanks for too as you reflect upon your life. Perhaps though it was far tougher than mine. Perhaps it was downright painful. I would like to look down the path you have come from and find the hand and face and heart of God. He must be there somewhere. He loves you as He loves me. No favouritism.

I want only the best for my family. I want them to have a wonderful eternity with God. I want this for my friends. All the people whom I love. For Fab, for myself. That would be the best. Being totally embraced by God, welcomed into His kingdom in heaven, called His faithful friend and servant, and brought to the room prepared for each - a room filled with every good thing the individual could ever ask for or want and more than their hopes and dreams could ever perceive.

Thank you to every person who has ever touched my life, crossed my path and brought me that little bit closer to God. You have stored up for yourself some delightful treasure in that room of yours.

All my love...

1 comment:

Charismatic said...

love you too and thanks for being one of the most stable friendships in my life...:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails