Sunday, 18 January 2009

missing in action

Disappeared for a few days. Well, not exactly. I've been here daily, I just haven't written anything. Kind of feel like I'm running on empty a little. Brain's been a bit dull with the influx of monotonous application processes and data entry at work. I wonder if I am not moving on yet, if it is not the time to move on yet, because I have not been actively seeking God for direction. Or at least actively just seeking Him. Pursuing a deeper, more intimate, relationship with Him. To understand His heart, His character, His plans and purposes. All I want sometimes is answers and the easy way out. The lazy, painless way out. I read books that are of interest to me, thinking that it's enough because they are written by Christian authors and carry biblical principles. But God desires more for me.

He's been asking me to really study the Bible, learn and meditate upon His Word. To get all I can out of it. I don't know how to continue. I started with a Bible Study on Acts 2, but after reading the Life Application Bible and jotting down notes for myself as to how the passage applies to my life, I feel stuck. I should probably study the whole Book of Acts and not just read the Life Application Bible and some corresponding verses but cover as much as I can.

Sadly, I'm not very passionate about such things so I pray that a greater passion for His Word will indeed well up within me as I go on. I think the lack of passion sometimes comes with lack of understanding or how I can relate with the passage and principles, with not being open and patient enough to wait for a more in-depth revelation. I need to be more patient and persistent in prayer and delving into the Bible. Perhaps once I begin to get more in tune with Him and what He is wanting to accomplish in and through my life, I will be ready to move on and it will be time to leave what has come to be so familiar that I sometimes treat it with contempt. I don't want to not be grateful. I have so much. I always have. More than so many people in the world. So ingratitude and grumbling and complaining and coveting are certainly not acceptable attitudes for me to have.

On a separate note, thank you Lisa for leaving comments on my blog!

Wow! After posting this entry, I looked at today's Bible Gateway verse and this is what it says! After I was just reminding myself not to complain all the time. "Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing" Philippians 2: 14-16

1 comment:

lisaqshay said...

you're so welcome dear. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails