Thursday, 29 January 2009

shifting


I guess some things are just too good to be true :( I'm one of those super fortunate people who has an office all to herself where I meet students on a daily basis to assist them with all things related to their program at the university. But, now with added staff coming on board, someone has to bite the bullet and share their space and privacy. And I was just approached to be the one person. Well, one of the two who are about to be relatively squashed together. Thankfully, our manager considered what we do and our personalities before making the mix. So, I get to share with Jacq. She'd be a perfect office mate I'm sure. She's one of the few colleagues I invited to my wedding as she's just lovely and we get along pretty well. Jacq's back from maternity leave and will be working three days a week to start. Her little bub now goes to day care on campus with his three-year old brother who absolutely adores him.

Jacq was driving in the other day with the two strapped properly in their car seats when she heard little chuckles from the back of the car. Looking at them through the rear view mirror she caught Oscar leaning over to his baby brother saying gently, "Who's the best? You are. Yes, you are. Yes, you are.". He must have picked it up from some adult, saying it in that same slightly higher pitched and rather excited voice we older folk take on when we get reduced to gibberish and goos and gaas when we meet the little people. Little Felix thought it was the funniest thing and responded accordingly. They're really adorable. When Felix gets old enough to understand, I might tell him about the time he peed on me when I went to visit him and Jacq at the hospital a couple of days after he emerged into the world. Hee. That's about the only time I will ever think it cute for anyone to pee on me. Just so you know and don't try that trick. I won't be smiling at you the same way.

1 comment:

lisaqshay said...

Glad you'll have a happy time at work with your new office mate. loved the peed on story. wish i had a dollar for every time one of my boys did that to me in the early stages!

see my note on your previous post...still unable to put your blog on my google reader.

Related Posts with Thumbnails